Event & Catering Coordinator
The Vault at The Palace International in downtown Durham, North Carolina, is seeking a part-time (25 hrs/wk) event and catering coordinator. The Coordinator will work with and report to the Owner/Manager of The Vault and also work with and take direction from the General Manager and Owner of The Palace International as needed.
The Event & Catering Coordinator will be responsible for organizing the details of events such as conferences, exercise classes, weddings, birthdays, and parties held at The Vault as well as special events at The Palace International. This role includes managing all aspects of planning from start to finish, including administrative duties, to ensure that the event runs smoothly.
- Serve as the primary contact for individuals seeking to rent the event space.
- Liaise with external team members involved in programming at The Vault to act as the point of contact that manages all communication related to their respective programming responsibilities and addresses and questions or concerns.
- Responsible for responding to all telephone calls, emails, and inquiries received regarding space rental within 24 hours of receipt.
- Manage scheduling through the use of Customer Relationship Management Software (Gather).
- Contact and book all required outside vendors for each event and act as the liaison between the event space and vendors to coordinate event logistics. Troubleshoot any unforeseen complications during scheduled events to ensure client satisfaction and event success.
- Assist in creating and disseminating marketing tools to publicize current events and stimulate client growth and retention.
- Coordinate food and menu service arrangements, venue accommodations to include lighting and sound, and any additional client requests for event preparation.
- Work with clients to calculate and adhere to event budget. Responsible for either setting/cleaning up or managing clients while they do so.
- Track inventory to ensure the space is fully stocked i.e office supplies, cleaning materials, bathroom supplies, etc.
- Prepare and distribute agenda meeting and minutes for twice weekly meeting with owner. During meetings, be responsible for adhering to the agenda and keeping owner on task and focused so that meetings are managed efficiently and remain within the allotted timeframe.
- Monitor catering inquiries for The Palace and triage requests to make sure the restaurant is aware of scheduling and menu.
- High School Diploma required.
- Prior experience in special event planning.
- Ability to work well independently on several concurrent projects without constant supervision.
- Office administration/administrative assistance experience. Strong initiative and customer service skills.
- Project management, time management and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills; attention to detail is imperative.
- Comfortable under pressure and ability to be flexible and come up with creative solutions in high stress situations.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Express a genuine interest in the growth and success of both The Vault and The Palace.